- 13 years of age and younger
- 14 – 25 years of age
- 26- 64 years of age
- Senior – 65 years of age and older
- Amateur photographers only
- No photos sold in the last year
- Monroe County residents ONLY
- You may enter a total of four photos
- Black/White or color photos
- Digital or print photos will be accepted
- Photos must have been taken March 1, 2022 – March 10, 2023
- Photo sizes for digital or print copies: 8.5 x 11 inch OR 8 x 10 inch
- Every photo will need a completed entry form. Digital entries will also need to have an entry form submitted per photo.
- Allowable digital enhancements include: cropping, minor burning, dodging and/or color corrections.
- All submissions due by March 15, 2023.
To enter the 2023 MCAA Photo Contest:
Option #1: Fill out online entry form and upload your digital photo online (file size limit-33MB)
Option #2: Download the official entry form and place printed photo with entry form in a large manila envelope and drop off at one of the sites:
- First National Bank of Waterloo, North Branch – Attention Russ Thomas
- First National Bank of Waterloo, Columbia – Attention Russ Thomas
- State Bank of Waterloo, Valmeyer – Attention Rhonda Sondag
Option #3: Email your digital photo and completed entry form to MCAAphotocontest@gmail.com (file size limit-33MB)
How to enter the contest
In this category landscapes are not limited to Monroe County
A photo of an artist at work or performing; photo of artist materials – instrument, brushes, easel/pallet, ballet shoes.
Pets & Animals
Family pets, farm animals, zoo animals, etc.
Family members, friends, people at work, play, etc.
Monroe County, IL
A photo that somehow connects/relates with Monroe County: landscape, event, person, etc.
- One photo per entry form = one submission.
- 4 (four) submissions per person is the maximum.
- Each submission must have an entry form and a photo.
A photo may be submitted in multiple subject categories. Multiple photos may be entered in a single subject category.
Three professional photographers will be the official judges for this contest.
**Judging may take up to 4 weeks depending on the quantity of photos submitted.
Best of Show – First, Second, Third Place in all categories. The Best of Show winner will have their photo professionally framed.
Other winners will receive a certificate.
Disclaimer: The photographer retains copyright of the photo but the MCAA retains the right to use the image with credit given to the photographer.
Winners will be announced on the MCAA website and Facebook page. In addition, the winners will receive an email indicating the winning category and the place they were awarded.